For all of you Paleo Whole30 junkies out there, here is a quick simple recipe to pancake extravaganza that is easy on your time and your taste buds by Flex5 talented Chef Andrew!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup OG Canned Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1-2Tbsp Ghee or Coconut Oil for greasing your skillet
- Mix your dry ingredients until well combined
- In a separate bowl or blender, Blend your wet ingredients until very well combined, slightly frothy
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix well
- You should have the consistency of loose mashed potatoes
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and melt some ghee or coconut oil
- Once your ghee or coconut oil become fragrant drop batter by a kitchen tablespoon (not a measuring tablespoon) and spread until about 2-3 inches in diameter)
- Give your pancakes some time to develop a 'crust', without any gluten, they can be finicky if tried to flip too early. I'd say about 3-4 minutes on that first side. Once you flip they will only need another 2 minutes to finish cooking.
- Top off with some local honey, or a fruit compote and you have a fulfilling and healthy balanced breakfast.
You're looking for a true golden brown color, the pictures below may look like they are burnt, but I assure you, they are not. Trust me, give them time to set up...you will have much less anxiety when you go to flip.Want to learn more? Schedule a complimentary consult with me or get one of my meal prep specials!~ Chef Andrew